From ground support to space exploration, IKO quality and reliability helps the aerospace industry take flight.
In an industry that combines innovative technology and the harshest operating conditions, it pays to work with a company that is well-known for quality and reliability. IKO products satisfy the aerospace industry’s critical requirements for motion components — accuracy, durability, long life and minimal maintenance.
IKO linear motion rolling guides come in a wide range of sizes to handle heavy loads in aircraft construction as well as lighter loads as more aircraft parts turn to lightweight materials. They also provide smooth motion, accurate performance, good rigidity and long operating life for increasingly automated airplane assembly systems and machine tools. You’ll also find IKO products in challenging conditions such as airplane seating where high shock loads are always a concern. IKO even rides aboard the Mars Curiosity rover and newly launched Perseverance, supporting the Mastcam as it sends images of Mars back to Earth.
Many IKO products come in corrosion-resistant stainless steel versions, and many of our linear guides feature interchangeable parts to give designers maximum flexibility to address material, space savings, capacity and cost considerations. And built-in C-Lube lubrication technology provides long-term, maintenance-free operation in an industry where disassembling equipment isn’t always an option.
So, whether you require a motion system to explore the surface of Mars or need smooth, rolling motion for airplane seats, you can count on quality, rugged motion components from IKO.
- IKO is recognized for reliability in the aerospace industry thanks to robust product construction and our commitment to quality.
- Products with built-in C-Lube lubrication achieve long-term, maintenance-free operation.
- Linear motion rolling guides offer outstanding metallurgical properties to deliver smooth motion, accurate performance, good rigidity and a long lifetime.
- Interchangeable linear guides allow users to mix, match and swap out slide units, rails and other parts to modify a system as needs change — saving time and money.
- Seals and coatings for special environments can protect your component from contaminants.
- Products with vacuum-compatible options are available.
- Special Environment greases are available to meet various temperature requirements.
- Riveting machines for airplane wings
- Automated fiber placement machines; layup tables
- Machine and assembly tools
- Gantries used in airplane production
- Seating and slide-out devices
- Passenger loading bridges