At IKO, we design and manufacture a wide range of crossed roller bearings that can handle radial, thrust and moment loads at the same time. Apart from our separable standard and slim types—which are separable—our crossed roller bearings have rollers alternately crossed at right angles between inseparable inner and outer rings.
Because the rollers in these bearings make line contact with the raceway surfaces, there’s minimal elastic deformation under load. Most of our crossed roller bearings also have a retainer or separators between cylindrical rollers, allowing for ultra-smooth and high-speed rotation.
Some applications include:
- Machine tools
- Industrial robots
- Medical equipment
- Semiconductor equipment
- Lighting fixtures
- Theater productions
Sealing. We offer two options for these bearings: open and sealed. The open structure is well-suited to low-energy applications due to the absence of any sealing friction. Sealed types, on the other hand, feature synthetic rubber seals that prevent grease from escaping and protect against dust and contaminants.
Design options. Design options for our crossed roller bearings include a cage, separator and full complement design. Both the cage and separator types provide a small coefficient of friction for high-speed rotation. Full complement bearings handle heavy loads at low speeds.
Here’s a closer look at the different types of crossed roller bearings we offer:
- Mounting Hole (CRBF). These crossed roller bearings feature mounting holes on both the inner and outer rings for easy installation. Shaft diameters range from 10 to 115 mm.
- High Rigidity (CRBH). High rigidity crossed roller bearings feature solid, one-piece construction for high accuracy. Smooth rotation comes from separators incorporated between cylindrical rollers, making it suitable for high rotational speeds. Shaft diameters range from 20 to 300 mm.
- Standard (CRB[C]). Standard crossed roller bearings feature a two-piece outer ring that’s bolted together to prevent separation during transport and installation. Available in caged and full complement types, shaft diameters range from 30 to 800 mm.
- Slim (CRBS). Slim crossed roller bearings feature a small outside diameter and a narrow width. Available in caged, separator and full complement types, the bearing’s shaft diameters range from 50 to 200 mm.
- Super Slim (CRBT). Super slim crossed roller bearings feature a compact design that’s 5.5 mm high and 5 mm wide, and separators are incorporated between cylindrical rollers for smooth rotation. Shaft diameters range from 20 to 50 mm.