Linear Motion Products
OTHER LINEAR MOTION ROLLING GUDES
Precise guide components for reliable and accurate machine motion
IKO designs and manufactures a variety of heavy duty, functional guides to achieve high precision linear machine motion across a diverse range of applications such as medical equipment and semiconductor manufacturing. A wide range of specialty designs are available, from crossed roller ways that prevent cage creeping to precision slide units for clean room operation.
Crossed Roller Way Guides (CRW, CRWM)
Crossed Roller Way Guides (CRW, CRWM) feature a unique design that incorporates a roller cage between two linear ways with V-shaped surfaces that act as track grooves. Because the cylindrical rollers are alternately crossed, this specialized structure can handle loads in any direction while facilitating highly accurate and smooth linear motion.
- The standard model (CRW) features four ways and two roller cages.
- The module version (CRWM) combines two inner ways into a single component.
- Stainless steel versions of the CRW type are available in multiple sizes for superior corrosion resistance.
Anti-Creep Cage Crossed Roller Way Guides (CRWG)
Anti-Creep Cage Crossed Roller Way Guides (CRWG) prevent cage creep with a rack and pinion mechanism, while enabling smooth linear motion with impressive accuracy.
- For applications that require high load capacity, the CRWG-H features a heavy duty raceway to handle extreme loads.
- Both models are suitable for use on a vertical axis.
- Stainless steel is available for superior corrosion resistance.
Crossed Roller Way Units (CRWU) and Anti-Creep Crossed Roller Way Units (CRWUG)
Crossed Roller Way Units (CRWU) and Anti-Creep Crossed Roller Way Units (CRWUG) provide a complete solution for limited stroke lengths and feature a highly rigid table and bed to minimize elastic deformation.
- Three sectional shapes and multiple sizes are available.
- The anti-creep version includes:
- A rack and pinion mechanism that eliminates cage creep
- Highly accurate and stable linear motion
- Suitable for use on a vertical axis.
High Rigidity Precision Linear Slide Units (BWU)
High Rigidity Precision Linear Slide Units (BWU) are compact slides for limited stroke lengths. Slides incorporate two rows of steel balls in four point contact with raceways for stable and highly rigid linear motion, even under complex loads.
- All components are made of stainless steel for excellent corrosion and heat resistance.
- They are suitable for use in clean rooms.
- Multiple sizes available.
Precision Linear Slide Units (BSP, BSPG, BSR)
Precision Linear Slide Units are lightweight, durable rolling guides that feature a U-shaped table and bad made of precision formed stainless steel. These units are suitable for use in measuring equipment, disk drives, IC manufacturing and inspection and other clean room applications.
- Stainless steel is used throughout the unit for superior corrosion resistance.
- Precision ground raceways and an advanced configuration minimize noise and enable smooth, low-friction linear motion.
- Nonflammable or self-extinguishing materials enable use in home and office settings.
- Multiple styles and sizes available.
Linear Bushings (LM)
Linear Bushings (LM) feature a high-precision design comprised of a rolling guide that travels along a shaft to achieve unlimited linear motion. A specialized retainer is used to accurately guide interior steel balls for low friction and highly stable linear motion.
- Multiple styles and sizes are available.
- Stainless steel versions for superior corrosion resistance.
Linear Bushings (LMG)
Linear Bushings (LMG) are designed to offer a large load capacity to enable unlimited linear motion of an external cylinder along a shaft with grooved raceways.
- Cylinders and shafts feature high dimensional accuracy and may be easily mixed and matched.
- Both solid and hollow shafts are available to meet the needs of specific applications such as those requiring wiring or ventilation.
- Multiple sizes are available.
Miniature Linear Bushings (LMS)
Miniature Linear Bushings (LMS) are tiny rolling guides that travel along a shaft to achieve unlimited linear motion and are available in shaft diameters of 3, 4 and 5 mm. The external cylinder design features a retainer, steel balls and stop rings in a compact unit for precise positioning.
- Both standard and high-rigidity long versions are available.
- Stainless steel models for excellent corrosion resistance.
Stroke Rotary Bushings (ST)
Stroke Rotary Bushings (ST) enable simultaneous rotary and linear motion with a specialized design that combines an external cylinder with a cylindrical raceway and balls incorporated in the retainer. The high rigid, lightweight retainer experiences minimal inertia and is well-suited for both rolling and reciprocal motion during high-speed operation.
- Standard and heavy load models are available, each offered with or without seals.
- Miniature stroke rotary bushings (STSI) are also available and feature tiny balls incorporated in a retainer and an external cylinder.
- Choose models with or without shafts.
Stroke Rotary Cages (BG)
Stroke Rotary Cages (BG) feature high-accuracy balls incorporated in a uniquely designed retainer to achieve precise rotational motion, as well as simultaneous rotary and linear motion.
- Highly rigid, lightweight retainers have low inertia and are suitable for abrupt operation.
- Large load ratings and high rigidity keep elastic deformation to a minimum, even under fluctuating and offset loads.
Flat Roller Cages (FT and FTW…A)
Flat Roller Cages (FT and FTW…A) are limited linear motion guides comprised of high accuracy rollers and ultra-precise retainers. Sectional heights are kept to a minimum and are only as tall as the roller diameter.
- Large load ratings are achieved through a highly rigid design.
- Single row and double row angled models are available to fit a wide range of machine dimensions.
- Retainer material choices included steel or synthetic resin for low-noise applications.