Reliable follower bearings for cam mechanisms and linear motion guidance
IKO manufacturers a variety of durable roller followers that feature needle rollers embedded in a thick outer ring, specifically designed for smooth outer ring rotation. Crowned and cylindrical outer ring styles meet a diverse range of application needs. Outer rings run directly on mating track surfaces. Other features include:
- Crowned outer rings that mitigate end loads due to installation errors.
- Cylindrical outer rings for greater contact with mating track surfaces for applications with large loads or tracks with low surface hardness.
- Specifications for cam mechanisms and for linear guidance in conveying equipment.
Two bearing designs offer maximum flexibility—caged and full complement versions.
- Caged bearings feature a smaller coefficient of friction, ideal for high-speed rotation.
- Full complement bearings handle heavy loads at low speeds as well as oscillating motions.
Separable and non-separable styles are available to help tailor IKO roller followers to their intended application.
- Separable followers combine an outer ring, inner ring and needle cage for excellent high-speed performance. Each part is separable and styles are available with or without inner rings. Inner ring inner diameters (IDs) range from 7 to 60 mm.
- Non-separable followers feature press-fit end plates at both sides of the inner ring. Inner ring IDs range from 5 to 50 mm.
Three structures meet a wide range of application needs and include open, shield and sealed versions.
- Open style is available for separable roller followers.
- Shield style offers narrow clearances between outer rings and stud collars and between outer rings and end plates to form labyrinths.
- Sealed style features synthetic rubber seals to prevent dust and dirt from entering the bearing.
Cylindrical roller followers are full complement, heavy duty roller bearings featuring double-row cylindrical rollers incorporated in the outer ring.
- Built to handle large radial loads and some axial loads.
- Inner ring IDs range from 15 to 50 mm.